View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Note: Often it is the young souls who easily get discouraged if they don’t constantly get the bright lights, excitement, and ‘special messages’ grossly symptomatic of awakening. They get cynical, discouraged and dismissive about ‘spirituality’ - throwing cold water on, or condescendingly dismissing those who have sincere concern for these matters...seeing it as a fantasy, self-doubt, or mental fog of incessant ambiguity and confusion, mainly because they aren‘t yet grounded in the necessary faith, devotion, and dedication (without the constant ‘candy’ of reward and superficial self-gratification) and become cynically complacent, falsely confident, and critical, posing as wise old curmudgeons, dispensing drops of subtly disguised discouragement as ‘folksy wisdom’. Converesly, their own guides might even indicate to them, “don’t worry, this is your last incarnation” - like the family going to visit Grandma 500 kilometers away, telling the whining (“how much longer?”) child after 10km : “We’re almost there!”

This made me smile. A helpful piece of understanding.

I recall a while back a friend talking about old souls, young souls and for the first time I wondered if this was possible. I never thought about people in this way. I guess in understanding soul nature as a whole, it had to be welcomed in me as something not separated by age firstly as part of understanding deeper the nature of what is...I noticed that through those eyes it became much easier to see people as they are.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder