Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Master
As Floatsy reminded me there's a Zen thing, a saying, somewhat about clever people finding it hardest to Zen out and I'd say it's a pretty good way of realising that when the mind gets be be a pretty good tool at rational stuff then there's a bias, which is understandable. that it'll work just as effectively with irrational stuff.

But if you look at kids or animals when they get anxious theres a pretty good chance they won't apply a bunch of reasoning to that anxiety so much as they'll just fall back on whatever energetic response feels like comin' out and hopefully it cedes towards awkward and gleeful silliness.

So while we can intellectually put some problematic energetic reality into a box and say this should happen I think that we're far better off just allowing ourselves to be silly so that in a sense, a bodily sense, we get used to feeling the comfort and joy of just being silly.