View Single Post
Old 29-01-2011, 03:14 AM
Time

No silvergirl, but ive alway been around children ( my mom babysat 6 or 7 kids at a time, and i always helped, and baby sat my cousin for 5 years.) I do understand. But in that case, id rather tell my child whats out there, then send him blindly into a snowstorm, and not tell him what black ice is.

Sorry, i guess hiding was the wrong word. But i hope you undetstand what i meant by it. I meant no disrespect silvergirl, and am not trying to start anything. I just belive that changing the rules ( and this is possibly quite a major one), should be discussed together, since this is a group forum. And i should say again, I agreed that there are tihngs that shouldnt be mentioned. My main pont was that we all should have some say as to what is said. To just put the rule as "dangerous practices" leaves it up in the air, and can be easily moulded to suit the situation.

For instance, vegetarianism, is concidered dangerous, if not followed through by a nutritionalist ( im not meaning to pick on them, just an example, you can belive what you wish ). You can end up with massicve mineral and vitimin issues, such as anemia. There are thread that have dealt with hours long meditation, or herbalist advice, not seeking medical advice.... theres lots of things that can be dangerous about spirituality. Of course we all will share many similarities as to what is inharently dangerous, like as you say, drugs etc. Whlile many people on here have had experiences that probably pertain tot heir path to spirituality, it is usualy no more mentioned as " once I was a horrible addict, and i stopped and became spiritual etc". WHich is understandable. I guess all im suggesting is that you please make what you concider dangerous clear, or let us have a say.