Thread: dj
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2017, 02:49 PM
Master

dream jo, I was single for many years before I met my current husband. I became content living alone, doing my own thing. Not having to answer to anyone. Like some of you describe, I had a lot of issues from past relationships.

I knew my current husband socially for 4 years before we began dating. I had no interest in him before we began dating. On our first date we were talking and he simply put his hand over mine to make his point of what he was saying at the time. And at that gesture, I fell instantly in love with him. I know you've heard of love at first sight, well this was love at first touch. I had some kind of chemical reaction to him. I've only heard of one other person who has had this kind of experience.

So I was hopelessly in love with this guy. Like I said I had a lot of emotional baggage and so did he. We fought for 5 years before we finally were able to settle down and just enjoy each other. We lived together for 10 years before we got married. Now we've been together a total of 22 years and have never been happier.

My point is. That emotional baggage? You will have to deal with it sooner or later. Just as well be sooner.