View Single Post
Old 23-02-2014, 04:29 AM
Braiellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreyamanda
I live in a place where many people are very close minded. Most are very held back by their strict religion. So when I start conversations about astrology or meditation, I feel as if im being judged.
But I also have noticed that as a whole the western culture has started to become more open to the "spiritual" things of life. Many television shows promote such things like "long island medium" and Oprah's own network. Im very happy and excited that I can see a change coming. To add to that, im 18 and i think if more younger people would be more open minded and spread the love we could make a big change.
I was just curious, Do you all think its changing??
and whats it like where you live?

I believe Naddread is correct above in that change is always evolving. I think many more are aware as a whole than we used to be and that's a good thing.
I currently live in what is known as the "Bible Belt" part of the U.S. though I'm not originally from here. Many don't see outside of the box in the particular area I'm in, so most of what I have experienced and still experience/know, I must keep to myself. People get freaked out and the labeling, isolation, and judgement begins. Not worth it. They, too, have to find their own truths and it isn't for me to judge them, though it's sometimes difficult feeling like I'm moving against traffic, so-to-speak. I'm different here.. and many know it and some like to remind me of it too. lol

I think they can make a change too, Miss Aubrey... and what a good change that would be :) Dare to dream, girl!