View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 07:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalsun
By the way, I just want to mention - i used to like Indiana Jones, but now I see, that, in my opinion, it tries to make that little Indian society, that village to look like some religious idiots, who are ignorant and definately being inferior to the western culture. This i dont like.

The film showcases the thuggee cult, which indulged in human sacrifice.

This is a superstitious practice, like sati, which had no basis in the Vedas.

In fact, you can see in the Ramayana, Rama's lieutenant Hanuman battling and killing Mahiravana who indulged in such human sacrifice.

Similarly, in the Mahabharatha, Krishna along with Arjuna and Bheema, challenged Jarasandha, who similarly indulged in thuggism or human sacrifice, which Krishna deplored, and slayed Jarasandha.

For superstitious reasons, such practices persisted, and they were wiped out few centuries back.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon