View Single Post
Old 24-02-2006, 10:32 AM
ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
There is only One Moment - this moment - the Eternal Moment of Now.

Hi guys,
this reminds me of an experience I had a few years ago, not long after I had started working on my spiritual development. I was cycling home on a main road a few miles from my house at about midday. I passed a lane that I had never seen before which took me right off my route at a tangent, but I felt the urge to go down it so I went back to see where it went. The lane took me down a dirt track which in turn took me into some woods. A short way into the woods I came to a clearing. As I entered into the clearing I saw a deer stood facing me about 100 yards away, we became aware of each other's presence at exactly the same moment and our eyes locked. In that moment I felt a total sense of unity with the deer, as if we were one and nothing else in the universe mattered or existed except us and our experience of each other. He then turned and bounded off into the woods. The whole thing lasted less than a couple of seconds but during those seconds there was no time, I didn't know if I'd been stood there for a minute, an hour or a day.
There are tantric tecniques practised by yogis and Tibetan lamas that allow the practitioner to condense their perception of an hour into a single second and their perception of a second into an hour, but this takes a lifetime, maybe more to master.
Quote:
"There is no such thing as time, it's just a necessary concept because the human brain can't percieve all events occuring in the same instant"
Albert Einstein