View Single Post
Old 30-03-2020, 06:49 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Socrates listen to his 'little voice'.

I guess some people today are still laughing over that.

As for me, my 'little voice' told me to buy coffee one night. No reasonable person would buy coffee they are not going to drink.
So, I bought the coffee. I even bought the largest cup they had!
As I went to pay for the coffee, the clerk started to put a cover on the coffee. I was about to tell her not to put a cover on the coffee when my 'voice' said to let her put a cover on the coffee.
As I walked down the street, I probably looked like an idiot shifting the coffee from hand to hand: coffee I was not going to drink.
Then a motorcycle with two nice, young men crossed the street very slowly with their lights off. My 'little voice' told me to turn around which I did and noticed another motorcycle was behind me doing the same thing.
The 4 nice young gentlemen got off their motorcycles and slowly surrounded me.
All of a sudden, they pulled out their machetes and demanded everything. I looked at the 2nd man's machete which had brownish red stuff on it. Later I would find out it was blood: HIV+ blood.
Realizing what was happening, I threw the coffee into the 2nd person's face. My 'little voice' said to look into the cup. The last thing you are going to do in a fight is look into a cup. Being my 'little voice' told me to look into the cup, I complied. I was amazed it was half full of coffee. (Remember the coffee cup cover?). I threw that coffee and the cup into the 1st guy's face.
I turned and ran. I did not get far. My 2nd, 3rd and 4th metatarsals in my left foot fractured plummeting me to the ground as if hitting a brick wall. I put my left arm to slow my fall and injured my right shoulder. I gave one scream and then rolled over. I saw the four men look up the street and then they got back on their motorcycles and left.
When I got to the hospital, another chap was brought in who we thought was dead.
They had robbed him. Being they could not get any more money, they cut him on each side of his neck and brought a machete blade down on top of his head and left him for dead on the sidewalk.
The doctor and nurses brought him around and took care of his injuries. The chap was awake but did not even know his own name. When the Doctor came in and told him he was HIV+: it did not cause any emotions in him - I do not think he could understand.

Incredible story! Where do you live?
Anyway, now you see why I am a bit disappointed in my own little voices. If I had thrown a roll of toilet paper in their faces, I doubt it would have had the life saving effect.