View Single Post
Old 17-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Hello,
What an unusual question?
Most Saints are only granted Sainthood after death,if you look at the catholic church's laws for Sainthood is a very long drawn out process,I am quite sure but not positive that catholic Saints are dead before they aquire "Sainthood", that itself is strange that there are no living Catholic Saints.

But I think ( still not sure ) that India has living Saints as do other eastern religion's and ways of life/thought.

How do you define a Saint,In a way that satisfies both East and West and all religions?

When Mother Teresa was alive and Mohandas Ghandi, they were living saints,Ghandi was a " Mahatma " or saint and Mother is not just a term for a nun of high order but a female version of a Mahatma.
But all living Saints are mainly Eastern,Indian and a lot are female.

Mother Meera was born in 1960,so she is 57 years old,her devotees call her " Amma ",they say she is an Avatar of the Divine Mother,to me that is a Saint.

Hope that helps you!

Kind Regards Billy.

In Catholicism, while you're correct there are no canonized saints who are alive, many saints were called "living saints" while they were alive. A notable example is St. Padre Pio who was a mystic saint and had the charism of bilocation, many people called him a living saint before he died and was canonized.