View Single Post
Old 19-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Astro, yes and this matches kamra. Think in terms of language. I myself don't use old or outdated language, we move away such word and usage, don't we. Did our ancestors have such words as you have (know) today. The knowledge is the same. If you wish to use these words then do it. We try to explain new idea with old words and once you use new words, words they did not know, you feel it changes? Absolutely cause and effect through incarnation. Do you think a person can get it right in only one try? Also keep in mind the idea comes from practice and experience where a person saw something, a previous cycle so there it would be manifested whereas if it wasn't encouraged and taught it wouldn't happen. imo, don't think new words mean new things but think in terms of the audience. It is easier to understand common usage and one should try to mix the words in ways it can be understood imo.

I believe that it’s not a good idea to let go of the meaning of words for the sake of popular trends. The “language” may be old but it isn’t irrelavent.
I’m learning about ancestors currently & what has been told is that when descendant are connected to their ancestors, then they are able to communicate there wisdom over millenia.

I’m learning that our integrity is in our past, not in the present or the future.

So I feel inclined to disagree with you because popular trends can undermine culture & comprimise its integrity & value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
So if you know the fundamentals of karma, please tell us. I'd like to know your point.

I did say in a previous post that I’m interested in the relationship of karma with Buddhism & Hinduism, which both present the teaching that karma is about incarnation as a series of trials; something I disagree with.

But I was ignored...