View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 05:21 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
The 'thing' of it is is that 'mind' (or 'consciousness' or 'perception') is mobile -- like an 'eye', or for that matter, an 'I' -- in the sense that it can 'look' and 'make sense of' what it 'sees' in any chosen 'direction', on any focused 'in' level, or plane, and, in each case, using a wider or narrower 'aperture' to 'take' things 'in'.

You might as well try to 'pin down' a 'river' - its all a part of THE FLOW of LIFE - the more important question, IMO, is how well one comprehends what's apparent in then how adeptly (for want of a better word, I could have also said 'art'istically) one lives on the basis of all of your various/varied kinds of 'seeings' and 'making sense of things'.

I must say, your OP strikes me as being an exquisitely adept/artistic 'making sense of things', Moondance. I assume you are equally adept/artistic in what you think, feel, do and say in your other moment to moment (daily and nightly ) meanderings.

Ride 'em Cowboy! Yahoo!!

Hello David

Thanks for the comment.

If we are talking about Life or Source or Oneness or THIS… then yes, you’re right, we can’t pin IT down - calling _______ by those names is already saying too much.

But making sense of where and why we become stuck and how language and logic often deceives us - and calling out teachings that mislead us… can be constructive - and eye-opening (or as you might say, ‘I’ opening.) :)