View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 11:07 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
Thank you so much davidsun!

I will say that my fear is often amplified by the fact that, many of my worries/fears did manifest into reality.

The other, sometimes called 'implosion therapy' (see http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Implosive_therapy) requires that one vividly imagine the worst kind of thing actually happening - in the case of a 'spider' phobia, say, imagining spider crawling all over one's body, into one's mouth, etc.! What happens in that case, if one stays with and doesn't truncate what will then obviously be a 'hellish' kind of experience, is that one's body, after going into a panic reaction, eventually relaxes out of sheer exhaustion, and thereby learns at a somatic level that life just goes on and returns to homeostatis even if the worst thing that one 'fears' 'happens'.

I do that a lot actually with a particular fear of mine and you know what? I am exhausted from it and have now let go...So, I'd say it works! I will explore it further. And Emerson, I love Emerson!