View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 10:19 AM
Lorelyen

Most of this seems about acquisition which is nice if you want to transfer the contents of your local mall to your home but hardly spiritual refinement. Acquisition and wealth using occult techniques (of which LOA is a pale shadow) were often the topics of black magic(k)ians back in the day. A form of spirituality? Sure, but it does tie you to the earth

Quote:
Become worthy by recognizing that you can manifest anything that you want because you are Gods and Goddesses
A nice exhortation from the soap box but useless beyond what's practical. You want to be an eagle. You are an eagle... Try launching off the upstairs window sill....
You're a wannabe brain surgeon. Let's see what happens when you turn up at the hospital with your little fold-all of scalpels and saws.....

But like it or not, a few of your exhortations are really affirmations or should be. No way am I going to be a world class cellist by just believing I'm that now. I'd have to affirm that I'll become one for a very long time before it happens.

Nice, though. LOA works for some people some of the time as long as they work within what's practical. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
AND....like doesn't always attract like. People shouldn't bluff themselves believing a few authors out there.