View Single Post
Old 25-10-2019, 05:38 PM
JustASimpleGuy

I can't post links yet so you'll have to Google simulation hypothesis, ancestor simulation or Nick Bostrom's trilemma. It's basically the possibility that all of existence as we know it is merely a simulation in the computer of an unimaginably advanced species, maybe even our descendants should our species survive. Furthermore the rules governing the simulation do not have to reflect the rules governing the simulator.

Brahman (in Hinduism) the ultimate reality underlying all phenomena.

Replace computer with Brahman and what we end up with is a seemingly dualistic simulation (illusion) within an underlying non-dualistic reality. My sense of it is Brahman is the unified field and the fundamental forces we know as the basis of our reality are just manifestations of the unified field at lower energy levels. Apply enough energy and they will all fold into one unifying field and differentiation will be no more. So occupied or unoccupied space is only relevant in our current reality, not at the level of the unified field. Actually the four forces folding into a unified field is more than just my impression. It's one of the driving forces behind high energy experimental physics.

If you haven't already watched Dr. Hagelin's Stanford presentation you can watch roughly 11 minutes starting at the 11 minute mark.

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 25-10-2019 at 06:38 PM.