View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Master
I am so confused.

So what everyone is saying is that one day - sometimes for no particular reason - your soul decides to up and leave your body and perhaps inhabit another?

If this is the case then when this happens does ones body lose its memories? If we can have memories from past lives - which our soul has been through - then why would we leave our current incarnation when it is still going on?

If a new soul begins to inhabit your body do you have new memories? Do you forget your old ones?

I think about things completely different than I did 10 years ago. And 10 years before that I also though of things - reasoned - rationalized in a completely different format - but I know that I am the same person, body and soul... I am just a grown up version of my former self who has learned and progressed and now I don't recognize my 20 year old self. She is a different person than my 30 year old self but that's only because I was living in a different way - with different values and interests.

But it was still me.

I am just having a really hard time wrapping my head around this as an actual phenomenon?

No offense intended by the way! Just trying to learn and this just stumps me.

-Lord Rama to Laxman