View Single Post
Old 24-05-2017, 09:36 PM
Ascender

Hello Ahriman and all. A brief personal opinion regarding your enquiry Ahriman.

I think science is about uncovering what is, rather than discovering. One way in which science is doing this is in the revealing in a particular manner the interconnection of all which is, all which is now looking like a continuous process with matter being one manifestation of process happening. All which is is whole, that is to say nothing-no thing- and no process is separate from the whole, nor can be. What can happen though is that the sentient being may evolve, develop, but not necessarily with the awareness of being of the whole. I would personally say that to a large extent this is a result of ignorance--by which I do not mean stupidity, but simply not knowing, not realising--even though such knowing may have been available to us through the understanding of some who have indeed reached that realisation and have sought to communicate that understanding both in terms which would be understandable in their own time, within the terminology, culture and belief of that time, but also sought to communicate that realisation in terms which might be understood by those living in a different time, with different terminology, culture and belief.

In our time, science begins to understand this interconnection of wholeness by means of observable evidence. I would say sufficiently to realise a general understanding that we each and all are inseperably of the whole. I think this is a reasonably easy perception to adopt personally-- if only as a step beyond simply concept initially. Even this step is transformative I think.

Good wishes. petex.