View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 08:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
A young, healthy body is perfectly equipped to do spiritual practice. There's less likely to be issues with the spine if one meditates for prolonged periods. There's more powerful breaths possible in pranayama, and there's more possible in yoga asanas. Wasting one's young and healthy body on alcohol, drugs, and sleep deprivation is not healthy and is celebration of ignorance. I am all for freedom though and believe people can waste their bodies away as they please. However it is not wise..

Anyways. I made this thread to point out the misalignment with a day and how many live life during that day. Whether people believe in it or not, we still give it a lot of meaning unconsciously and there is choice and power in that..

I know you feel this way. You've mentioned that already. Its good you are discipline in spiritual practices. If its enhances your life, awesome. Stay discipline. Not everyone cares for that though. I enjoy celebrating ignorance myself. I celebrate Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve with my family.

Quote:
I don't drink, or party either. Never did.

Anyways, i made an error in that post. What i really meant was, never cared to, not never did. But i am correct in that i don't drink or go to parties. But it would be dishonest to say i never in my life did. My error.