View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Master

I think that every religion or spiritual path highlights a particular aspect of spirituality; it would be a welcome
if all of them had unconditional love at their core but that is not the case. Most encompass some sort of loving way,
but too often only for those who accept their doctrine.

Advaita seems to strongly relate to the Jnana yoga process, which is highly philosophical and more cognitive (head)
than it is affective (emotional). As stated earlier I think every religion highlight a particular aspect, while acknowledging
all the other aspects as being connected.

Buddhism for instance highlights compassion and impermanence, while Christianity highlights sacrifice and a new covenant.
Judaism is all about the law, etc., and they all encompass other aspects of spirituality but you can find a dominant theme
in most religions and spiritual groups.

The thing about non-duality is that it is highly subjective but it is universal and not personal. So there is this impersonal
existence which defies any and all parameters. But the experience of love does come when we hold a loving philosophy;
gnosis occurs in many different ways and many of those ways I would not necessarily embrace.

People choose what fits their personality and sometimes it seems as if the path chose you instead of you having chose a path.
Further a particular path may only be a temporary stepping stone to another more amiable path; it served a purpose once but
now maybe it is time to move on. In my opinion everything serves the One and I have no clue in which way, or how some certain
things can be considered service to an unconditional loving source. But my faith is strong.