View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 12:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
No,

Advaita Vedantin is more like all there is, is Brahman.

KS and I believe in the Triadic Heart of Siva really talks about the differences. If you look at the teachings of AV they don't really describe what the end result is. All they say is that it is indescribable, beyond words, etc.

KS goes into great detail what being One like Brahman is like as well has mentioning the powers of creation that one achieves with such a realization.

Yet, KS has no real concept of emptiness like in Buddhism.

The difference is kinda like this using some Taoism terms.

You have the Dao, then the One that emerges from the Dao. From the One comes Two, male/female but this is really void and form.. not a persons sex.

AV stops at the void of the Two. Now some in AV would say that the One and Dao are on and the same. I disagree.

One like Siva is the One that emerges from the Dao, it is universal consciousness.

A Buddha is one that has realized the emptiness of universal consciousness or has realized the Dao.

As an example think of all the AV gurus, how many do energy work with others? They talk about silence.

Here is Ramana:

Silence is only on aspect of ourselves.
Ah, thank you for explaining it, but it will take a while for me to understand it...I'll need to re read it a few times because I am still stuck on the very first sentence.

For you see, I also feel that 'everything is Siva' just like AV says that 'everything' is Brahman' a d so, to me it becomes like same horse, different colours, but maybe I am just failing to understand it still. Advaita Vedanta also describe the experience of realisation as being 'Satchitanananda' which correlates to Absolute Truth, Pure Consciousness and endless Bliss...and these can also be ascribed to Siva.

So what you have said will require me to bypass all of my conditioned experiences to understand, which is very difficult for me.

Aum Namah Shivaya