View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 10:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
A very nice thread on metta and sharing our thoughts...

I liked this discussion on cravings & the "3 cravings" from sky123 (a bit like the more elaborate "7 deadly sins", which are actually just finer grades of cravings).

I have meditated and done lucid meditations, some guided, daily for many years now.

Night before last I had a dream and it became lucid part-way through. I was experiencing it "live" and couldn't see myself, but I wanted to be fully present in it and so I went with it. I was darting out ahead of the superfast passenger transport with another small child...seemed just car or so at a time...white and shiny, mag lev-type stuff in some other time and place, not exactly this one but one I knew well...it was dusk and then getting dark. We knew the route...I ran ahead across the small tracks and nervously waited for him to come quick...said "back" several times as it came round blind corners. Running barefoot in the wet grass...little maniacs we were. Then dropping into a window after dark more than 2 floors ups, probably 3...wet shirts and shoes left in a puddle...into a room for bath where an older boy pretended not to see us sneak into the bath in our shorts.

As the dream snip ended, I took hold at the end and brought us to my meditation place, where I could "see" all round. We were young boys of eight or so, laughing with the sheer joy of being small and free and having snuck out under the radar with your best mate. We looked just alike -- it was my twin brother with me. From another life.

The sense of sheer joy has stayed with me since then. I find myself craving that freedom and that acceptance and that joy...full disclosure. This simple love and friendship and at-one-ness. And not just for myself in this time, but for all beings in all times.

I wish for all beings this simple joy, love, and friendship.

Peace & blessings
7L
Hello 7L
Reading your dream had me reflecting upon a line in your sharing-“we knew the route”

Through the unknown/unrealised awareness that we house as potential, craving and desire is a catalyst to moving closer to, that which is seeking us. When we come face to face with that remembrance, everything falls away, because we feel the joy in finding the true source. The desires and cravings that lend us to find a substitute of learning, still support us to understand both the cravings and desires along with the true authentic source seeking us, through the lived experience.

I’ve noticed as someone who loves now without attachment, who understands love just, I notice others around me attached to love itself, in fear of losing it. (It tends to draw the opposite closer to your realised state) So, as I see this those desires and cravings are important to the finding of what is seeking us to remember. The desires and cravings in any fear, consistently bring them closer to it all to see how love is being held, to see and notice what containment they hold their love to within themselves. To see that they are love. Love as their own pure source and connection. When that realisation comes from within, the self understands and ends the seeking to bring it to light. From there that light will be sourced for others as they need.

People see me and how I love now, and as that model, it’s a very different love that can feel very unfamiliar to their normal conditioned human ideas of love. I can see them looking at me, into my being and remembering for themselves. It becomes familiar to their own knowing in resonation. It isn’t attached or needs or desires to be or make be. It holds all things lightly. It understands its own freedom and how others can set themselves free. It comes from my being of love for self. It’s an extension of what I have remembered in me for myself, through all life. It extends as I feel, aware and realised. It manifests into the lived experience as such, to support others remembrance.