Thread: Change!
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Master
That sounds really awesome mundbora! I'm so happy for you. maybe you could just try journaling like once a week or something? would that help you still stay living in the moment but also allow for the advantages and gifts that can come from writing? even if you just keep them to yourself.. but let us in if you want to lol

I definitely don't live off grid, but I'm not active in the community or with a social life or anything at all. I guess that my spirituality is more mundane in a sense, or my path anyways.. as it's called for me to be practical about things like mainstream toxic products and environments that I don't want to be exposed to. My senses increase, especially my sense of smell, so I can't even stand getting products from certain stores anymore that I can smell the storewide air freshener or cleaning products or whatever used on them, even inside packaging of items. I know this doesn't relate to living on an island lol or such radical changes, but I guess my changes would be radical to some still. I would love to be more immersed in nature and try out living on an island or somewhere else more detached from the modern world.

As it is now though, I have to just transport myself to the other small worlds I have available here, like when staring at the tiny magical emerald and peridot gem weeds on the ground or taking in the scene of the sewage stream down the street that looks like a river with nice trees lining it on one side lol, or trying to smell the gorgeous pine trees without inhaling peoples' obnoxious toxic laundry softener polluting the air, etc.. I marvel at the tiny parcels of paradise I have here, I mean some bushes are starting to bud flowers and I am just blown away at that simple thing so it's not the ideal landscape but I let myself be taken away by it just the same.. in a couple months I'll have a precious flower garden to get lost in so that helps a lot! at least where I live now in Alabama southern U.S. is a step above the much longer winter months of Wisconsin which I left a few years ago.. but back there I had a park with a couple ponds and lots of trees nearby, and here the closest nature retreat is a park with just some trees and that sewage stream I mentioned lol (I guess it is from the sewer but it doesn't smell or anything, just looks like a small river within concrete). But the amount of trees and bushes that flower here is astounding and I am very grateful to be able to witness that!