View Single Post
Old 14-02-2019, 06:07 PM
Knower

Like I said, I think this is easier when you've been hypnotized by another person several times. Because of the sessions that I had with my friend, who is a hypnotherapist, I was able to both be aware of the state that she guided me to and my ability to get out of the way.

In other words, while hypnotized in her chair, I did not have to give myself the suggestions and could tell from her testing me when I wasn't deep enough to accomplish the goal of the session. My mind, the witness, was out of the way enough that she was able to communicate with my subconscious mind, but my mind was still processing everything that was taking place, it was just not interfering with the process.

In hypnosis, you become willing to follow suggestion. Hypnotic trance is the state where your critical mind becomes bypassed and does not dialog with suggestion to the point where conscious ego-mind does.

If you have the understanding of having your mind aware and watching, then I would suggest just talking yourself through some induction techniques instead of using a video and trying some suggestions for yourself. The way that I started expanding my awareness was by putting myself into such a trance and then reaching out with my awareness to the 'consciousness' of a plant.

Maybe try something like that? If you are excited or dialoging with the suggestion once you've made it, I would say that means you should continuing deepening techniques or using your trigger words.