View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 02:34 PM
Master
I shall also put in my 10 cents in reply to you, Jeremy.

Certain practices regarding Kundalini, whilst not exactly 'dangerous' (that's an overstatement), can be rather detrimental or downright annoying if certain criteria are not met first.

In the majority of cases, awakening Kundalini, having it travel up Shusumna Nadi and in the presence of a master/guru is a very beautiful thing...leading to the endless bliss of Nirvana. You could hope for or want for nothing more!

In the rare few cases, as it was with me, we totally ignored the warning; "don't smoke pot, do yoga asanas and go into deep meditation thinking; "meh, Kundalini ain't gonna rise! I'll just have a really nice meditation sesh and that will be that".

So, if it happens under the affects of drugs and when one's body isn't pure enough to handle it and half the chakras aren't even fully open, up she'll go, not via the usual route of Shushumna Nadi, but she'll travel the 'path of least resistance' usually via the adjacent nerves of either Ida or Pingala - and mine went up Pingala Nadi and yeah, shot my whole nervous system to bits. I got the ecstasy and I got the agony, both!

It's all of these specific cases that give the whole thing the 'bad rep' it gets, when it's pretty much a benign phenomena otherwise.

Suffice to say, the bliss of samadhi totally overshadowed being stoned and I haven't touched weed since. =)