View Single Post
Old 31-05-2016, 06:15 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie Queen
Oh wow, sorry, I thought this thread was dead! Thanks everyone! And thank you, Necromancer for the explanation of how you break down the voices EVPs upon hearing them. Quite fascinating.

life.love.regret: You know, I've actually found that I get far better results when I don't ask anything when I'm recording. (Though when I recorded in my sister's house, I was speaking to her in my head in a way) I find if I make a big show about it and ask questions out loud, everyone clams up. By far, I get the most interesting results when I nonchalantly leave my laptop recording and then walk away for an hour.
HOWEVER, I will be back at my sister's house very soon. Not sure if I'll record, but maybe.
I heard that sometimes our voice and other noises help them form their voices in a way. I'm no expert about this subject but when I attempted to record stuff I made a sound turning off a lamp and despite not listening anything other than this, in the recording a sound as a voice appeared right after the clicking sound.
It's usually so hard to find silence over here that I gave up on trying to record stuff. One, I remember I gave to someone listen but I didn't mention I was trying to get EVP, and the person said what she heard as if it was just a guy talking. When I told her it was supposed to be an EVP she got a little scared. However we couldn't agree in what was being said.
Also I've seen people suggesting to slow down the recordings(without changing tune) 'cause sometimes some passages seem to be really fast, but make more sense slowed down.