View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 04:29 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Hi Colorado. My in laws are similar but not as openly confrontational.

If a woman is born into my hubby's family they are accepted. If one marries into his family they are scorned. I watched another young woman treated like I was when I first met his family.

Women who marry into certain families are seen as a threat. A threat to every man in the same family. These are women who cling to their 'man' in the desperate attempt to 'keep' them. It's the thinking of the 40's and 50's. They have just never matured. Sounds like the men are in about the same frame of mind.

Lastly, I will bring attention to the age of their souls. Reading Ainslie MacLeod's book The Instruction he teaches about the age of souls. It helped me understand where the people who came into my life, are spiritually.

Young souls stay within their own group of people who think similarly. You don't fit in because you don't think like them. They feel threatened by your beliefs. Pure and simple.

Get that book. It will help you understand everyone in your life. It will make it easier to not take it personally.

Thanks Linen, looking for it right now!