View Single Post
Old 29-09-2017, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraIndigo
Well looks like no one answered but I will continue.

After my GPS kept circling me around a morman church a few years ago, I figured that was a sign that I should read up in this mormon religion instead of accepting the programming my parents gave me as fact...so I found some kids website...kind find it now but I remember it has the whole story really dummied down and fun and easy to read with pictures and everything.

Now I am reading Initiation, Human and Solar by Alice Bailey...its interesting because according to that book there is a planetary trinity as well as a universal trinity, with other offices below and that the positions have to be worked up to.

I remember distincly reading when I found that children's site that apparently when Jesus appeared to Joe Smith he told him that he had not always been what he is but "he worked up to it".

Interesting I thought! I stopped my study of mormonism after finding that site because I figured I had learned enough to keep in my pocket for a better understanding of the whole of things for now. Now two years later I am finding these occult books and saying "wait a minute! This looks strikingly familiar". Then I head back to finding thehe mormon stuff and find even -more- similarities. I think they are just like Christian mystics or something...but got a bad rap because of some of their members.

Yah...It's certainly the latter. Really who cares exactly how folks come to peace & love as long as they don't discriminate, oppress, or engage in a lifestyle that degrades and oppresses others. It's that last bit that got them. They love Jesus sure but they had to change that bit about monogamy which didn't suit them.

I am not positive but in Jesus's day I believe it may have been still acceptable for Jewish men to have a 2nd wife, though no doubt it was always very unpopular with women. The practice persisted in Muslim countries and still does to this day in some, because woman are still treated like chattel and sex slaves in some countries. But Jesus spoke of monogamy only (or else celibacy) which was radical for the day. Because it accorded a woman's humanity and dignity as equal to a man's.

The new age Mormon folks wanted all his teachings except that one, so they could indulge themselves by oppressing women, just as primitive Semitic tribes did 2000 yrs ago in the desert (when survival was at a premium and the heavy hand of the patriarchy ruled), but which is now completely out of step with the times. It would be like re-instating slavery or indentured servitude and saying that was cool again just because we say so and want to indulge ourselves at someone else's expense. You can't dress that bit up...it's just ugly. They lost their way there. And that's why the "mainstream" Mormons have renounced that bit and practice monogamy now too.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke