View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 09:26 PM
fool

Firstly. My hat goes off as always to mothers having to live with broken sleep, its never a good thing.(my children are older now so I'm kept up later, and then they never want to get up yhe next day!!!!!)

Personally I've worked shifts for 15 years, ( 12 hour shifts both nights and days) and regulary have long periods of little or even no sleep.

there are two points I feel I must add, Firstly and this has been scientifically proven! lack of sleep is not good for your health and will premeturely age you. and therefore is not something to just do for the sake of it.
but what I've found does happen with lack of sleep is your brain reacts purely to what is happening, in my case that usually means if i think of something , i say it!!!! this is either a fantastic release from the confines of expected behaviour, thus allowing me to truely grasp fundements of my psyche, or a sucsession of embarressing moments that are briefly followed by me apologising for blurting out whatevers going on in my head, and usually its the latter.