View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 12:34 AM
Leafy

another 'telepathy or am i crazy?' thread

I've been browsing older threads about this topic, and some of you seem to be pretty good about discerning between psychic happenings and symptoms of mental illness. Lately, I've been strugglig with this question about something that I've experienced for most of my life, off and on, and was wondering if it seems more like telepathy or something else:

Basically, I've had a habit of having imaginary conversations with (real) people for most of my life. These I know are imaginary, and are just a good way for me to think through things. However, sometimes after intensely thinking about someone and having an intense "imaginary" conversation with them, I'll get this weird feeling like I can sense their actual presence kind of in my mind. Like I can feel their mind in my mind. And sometimes I'll see a clear and close up image of either their eyes or mouth (for some reason). I wonder if I was thinking about them so intensely that I accidentally opened up some kind of telepathic channel? This doesn't happen with everyone, either. Just certain people.

I've looked and looked online, but haven't found anything on it in either spiritual or mental health websites. I look forward to hearing the perspectives of those who are more experienced with what real telepathy feels like. I won't be offended by any suggestions that this may all be due to delusional thinking or something. I'm kind of leaning in the direction of that being the case at the moment, anyway. That would actually be somewhat of a relief, because then I wouldn't have to worry about controlling this "ability" or what it might be doing to the other person - I usually end up thinking "sorry, it was an accident!" over and over a few times - LOL.

Thanks a bunch ahead of time for your insight and thoughts on this!
Leafy