View Single Post
Old 13-01-2020, 09:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Oh my gosh, could you be any more willingly and intentionally and grossly, uninformed, and perhaps even more problematic, uninterested in the facts you claim to be seeking? And so willing to pass lies and mistruths out into the ether?

Your response, in response to being given pertinent information (hint: Middle Way, Buddha, Awakening), and not even doing ANY* research, tells me you are not interested in any truths, only your own made up stories. I see why you found one blog in the whole internet to support you now, wow that was some scientific effort!

Hint*: a 1 second internet search on Buddha’s enlightenment would have showed you he had no mystical experiences under duress, starvation or any such state. Even a 2 minute scan would have found countless tales saying this.

Yes, he attained ''enlightenment'' not as a skeleton but after, and realized extreme asceticism wasn't helping him. However, any revelations he might have had during that starvation may have influenced him in some ways. Also see Jesus, Elijah, Moses. See people on Discovery/Nat Geo starving in the wild.

What does the Middle Way mean when we have extreme pleasure on the one hand and extreme asceticism on the other hand? For instance, would two meals a day, porridge and an apple, and 5 hours of sleep still be considered a middle way lifestyle? Long term that will still lead to health issues.

Quote:
I’ve promptly lost all respect for your authenticity, and the genuineness of your inquiries. A friend once told me that wisdom is the love of truth. Looks like you’re more into self admiration...
I don't think you had respect for me anyway.
In all honesty, I don't even like the correlations I'm exploring here, but it has to be done. What I want to see is healthy, fit people achieving these kind of revelations without starving themselves, without a poor diet, and without choosing less sleep, etc. + little or no history of extreme asceticism. I want to be able to exclude 'visions' and 'revelations' that are deliberately induced through unhealthy lifestyle for reasons of authenticity.

Quote:
Too bad, I withdraw my earlier agreement, cheers. I’ll put you on ignore, times too precious to deal with liars, lies and those that so willingly spread them.
Interesting, as you deal with what you call ''liars'' in many threads, it seems. I think, I hit a nerve..
Put me on ignore, but will you not read my posts? I know you can't resist the heat of the battle!