View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Are you secretly jealous that there are so many who have found peace and love in their hearts, Altair? Perhaps bringing Holy Men and Women down a notch will elevate yourself, but it’s a fool’s errand, to my mind,

That said if it helps you, I’m happy to subscribe to your hypothesis. Yes every spiritual man and woman, those of grace and blessing, only reach this state because of medical induced starvation and malnutrition. Hopefully you will find more blogs to help you accede to this reality, and if you can’t, you can always create your own cultish beliefs, that’s one of the blessings of modern day technology. No one near feel alone again

Jl

I don't see how any of this contributes to the explorations made in this thread. You have more interest in personally attacking people you disagree with than with discussion.

Many religious traditions rely upon the words of various people that fasted for prolonged periods (starvation), 'locked themselves up' (deprivation) and lived on poor diets (malnourishment). These traditions may even today have sects or guru's continuing to preach the same lifestyles. Starvation, deprivation and malnourishment are known causes of hallucinations. If only you actually read my posts..

I would support a more modest approach to avoid lack of health, for clear health reasons, but possibly also to minimize inauthenticity.
Let me know when you can actually engage with reason and an open mind for exploration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
That's such a ridiculous formulation: artificially inducing mystical experiences!

Although it's not mine I would say it's an apt description, as some people consciously practice sense deprivation and prolonged fasts, with the goal of communion with 'divinity'. [Artificial: ''made or produced by humans''].