Thread: when you die
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
As I've tried to illustrate above the brain is simply a cpu. Personality comes from the combination of animating spirit and the incarnate it animates. Some of your personality was carried forward from previous incarnations, 'stored' somehow in your spirit. (I can't explain how that happens as I don't know!) Some of your personality from this current incarnation will be carried forward by your spirit into a new incarnation.

Here is a possible explanation based on the Theosophical teachings of Alice Bailey. Make of it what you will.

Just as the personality expresses itself on the physical plane through the physical body via the brain, so the Soul expresses itself in the worlds of form through the Causal Body, found on the higher mental planes.

The Causal Body reflects the development of the Soul in form. Part of the Causal Body consists of "permanent atoms" for the mental, emotional and physical bodies. These permanent atoms are like blueprints. They reflect the previous developments of the mental, emotional and physical bodies, and they are modified with each incarnation. So they also form the basis of our new mental, emotional and physical bodies in a new incarnation.

This does not necessarily mean that each new incarnation continues from where the previous incarnation left off. The permanent atoms are like the full blueprint, but in one incarnation certain features may be emphasised and in the next incarnation different features may be emphasised. Eventually we become fully rounded human beings.

Is this explanation true? Who knows. But it does make sense to me.

Peace.