Thread: Deer Season!!!!
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2018, 03:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Vision quest, this is something I have a lot of respect for and really wish people would get back into it, so they would gain the respect and oneness of earth and nature. I believe all peoples had this way at one time. Different traditions but still quested.
Do you purify in the steam lodge before you quest?
I just used the “vision quest” description there earlier for not finding better words.
But basically – you enter the Forest with respect anyways.
Then if you wish/intend to build a cabin/house there, you bow, make offerings, fire/smoke – whatever you have learned to do and sit and sleep under a Spruce Tree Elder and wait for the vision, which comes to you when you are either awake or asleep.
If the vision is favourable, you are allowed to build – if no vision comes then you must leave the site.

But of course all the talk about Spirits of Trees had been forbidden and in great fear that Spirit Trees would be cut – many parents or grandparents would at times say nothing - but take their children to sit under specific trees and transmit ‘the way’ - through silent communion with the Tree.

My grandmother, a traditional healer (though only in secrecy in fear of being labelled) – knew the different woods to use for different purposes when heating up Sauna, though she didn’t teach me that.
Sometimes I would watch her though in action – doing everything so precisely like in a “Japanese-tea-ceremony-meditation”.

Quote:
I heard of Birch sap being used. Is it drank only in sap form in ceremony or can you make a syrup too?
I have only drank it in the ‘water form’. It is one of those – in rhythm with nature and its season’s thingies.
But of course you thank the tree and make sure you didn’t damage it.