View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 05:11 AM
Master
Maybe you can't be Wiccan and Christian at the same time. Why would you want to be confined?

I am not Wiccan but I do practice magic. There is a lot of overlap between Wicca and my personal path. Everybody is entitled to their personal path and can follow their calling however they see fit.

I am no expert but there are a lot of belief systems that incorporate Christianity and magic. I believe Hoodoo is one fine example.

What is your image of God? I see god as a coin with 2 different sides. There is both male and female energy within the one. I don't think it is contradictory to worship God in the way you see fit. Whoever said God was a man. There is church doctrine and there is the bible and there is belief and personal experience. You can really do whatever you want and believe what feels right to you but you cannot call yourself a Wiccan because many Wiccans are intolerant of diversity. I think there might be many different types of Christians. You could be non-demoninational. Personally, I was raised in a Christian society and we celebrated Christmas and Easter and I still do. Does that make me Christian? I always thought I was basically Christian but not in a religious sense, more of a cultural sense.

Why can't you be whatever you want. You can have God and Mother Nature, and that would satisfy the requirements of God and Goddess. You can't be Wiccan but many Wiccan's learn the basics and then branch out and follow their own path. You can be a witch if you want to use that term and there are no limitations. If you practice magic, you want to use sound magical techniques. That takes years to master, but if you are called, you know it.

This forum only has a section for Wicca. It does not have a section for Witchcraft, or for magic. That is somewhat limiting when it comes to discussion.

The bible teaches a lot of things that are not relevent in our society today. What offends me is the sexism. I cannot really support a religion that denigrates my gender, but I support Santa Claus.