Thread: Social anxiety
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAllBeings
I noticed my social anxiety got really bad sometime about 10 months ago and now that I'm travelling in South America without being able to fully speak the language yet its really up in my face how much I be struggling with social interactions. It feels like its hit an all time peak, all I can do is meditate on my breath and inner body, when I remember to do this I can very quickly ahift to a calm, relaxed and relatively euphoric state where the anxiety dissolves. I would really love to develop better social abilities, especially to be able to make people feel good. You know how some people can trigger good feelings in you with the positive way they interact with you, Id love to be able to do that. Is it a matter of just keep doing your best and gradually cultivating the traits?

Does the social anxiety gradually dissolve as you keep exposing yourself to situations that bring it up and meditate on the feelings?

Hi, another socially anxious person here. I don't think the social anxiety will just dissolve, but I think you are most definitely doing the right thing. Some socially anxious people do the opposite which is complete avoidance. With avoidance nothing gets better, just makes it worse, the hole gets deeper.

I've travelled on my own myself. Although I've never been to south America I know what you are up against. Your adventure sounds really really cool. I'd love to visit south America but at the moment a day trip to the seaside is hard enough ha. Good luck