View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 04:24 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
In general one does not need any 'substance' to allow access to their shadow side. It might just be part of your nature to use marijuana or other substance. Do it because it is you to do it, don't use the shadow side as an excuse/justification.

As to guides: they can not hold your hand the whole way to wholeness. At some point you need to walk on your own. Sometimes this means a harsh letting go and sometimes there is a more gentle transition. Guides can only say what they think from their perspective. Its YOU that creates your life (and then has to live it). Guides are only offering guidance, not affirming what you want to believe.

So as of now not smoking and that feels right.

I resonate with what you say about guides. I think a lot of my problem has come from developmental trauma as a kid and feeling like everything has got to be perfect, combined with a lot of life changes to where the parameters for who I am now and how I live are somewhat foreign to me.

All in all I've definitely relied on my guides more than I think is healthy and am finding it challenging to step out of that enmeshment. Used to kind of compulsively asking for guidance and/or fearing their saying something because I am too stressed or worried. Honestly I wouldn't mind finding a way to just not talk to guides anymore but it's such a habit now and I don't know if they'd shut up even if I didn't ask anything.