View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 01:43 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
JASG . . .

davidsun actually offers valuable experience to the various individuals here in that they can directly observe hard-core narcissism / ego / vanity / etc. It is rare that someone is so totally enamored with oneself that they constantly quote their own treatises . . . and put themselves above all else.

He is a fascinating individual to watch and he is a great example of what NOT to develop into.

I would assume that you personally know a good working definition of narcissism but just in case . . . and for those who do not . . . inordinate fascination with oneself . . . excessive self-love . . . vanity . . . (psychoanalysis) erotic gratification derived from admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes . . . Excessive preoccupation with or admiration of oneself. synonym: conceit . . . personality disorder characterized by self-preoccupation, need for admiration, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem.

It’s a phase we all go through at one time / lifetime or another . . . and it can be tweaked any number of ways and last for lifetime after lifetime.

Most people however will not realize that they are so fortified while in that state of consciousness. He is quite proud of where he is . . . and his perceived superiority over everyone else. LIFE will be the only teacher to lead him down a LONG path to correction . . . whenever that is. It won’t be pleasant. Until then . . . he will neither listen to nor consider much of anything we underlings have to say. He has clearly stated that he loves word bouquets . . . especially his own.

On we go.

I am really a simple guy. Now that's not to say I'm not intelligent but just that I don't really like to play mental gymnastics. I like to keep it as plain as possible. Sometimes I can be a little blunt but sometimes that's because I feel it's just a truth that needs to be spoken and not swept under the rug, so to speak. Sometimes it feels like if I disagree and don't express it just to avoid upsetting someone that neither honors myself or the other person. I do try to keep myself aware of that and adjust if I realize I've gone over the line.