View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 10:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Aspersion? Perhaps you should go back through your replies.
Perhaps you should. I have expressed my opinions and criticed others (yours among them) and supported said opinions and criticisms with logical reasons. You are the one who (falsely, IMO) 'casts' that as presenting myself as an 'arbiter' of 'truth'. That is what a reference as being an 'aspersion'.

From https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aspersion :
Definition of aspersion -
1a : a false or misleading charge meant to harm someone's reputation casting aspersions on her integrity
b : the act of making such a charge : defamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
The difference between us is you directly attack and demean some belief systems you seem to dislike or hold a grudge against, including their proponents. I do no such thing and in actuality one of the reasons I do like Advaita Vedanta, and particularly the Ramakrishna order, is its recognition all religious paths are valid and worthwhile and not to be disparaged. That has always resonated with me from a very young age.

I have already called into question and disagreed with your regarding and verbally charactering my challenging questions and expressions of disagreement as being an 'attack' - which is another one of your 'aspersions', IMO.

While I consider all choices by anyone in any regard (even anti-Life ones!) to ipso facto be 'valid', I do not agree with your claim that all 'religious' paths are equally 'worthwhile' - you must know of 'ignorant' and 'cultish' ones, for example (human history is replete with many 'such religious' choices) which have been grossly Life-diminishing.

That something resonated with someone (in this case you) "from a very young age" in no way provides a logical 'rationalization' for supporting or maintianing choices in said regard, IMO.