Thread: Book of Job
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 02:56 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
Interesting, i would say that these beasts are either extinct or are allegorical beasts, i mean the bibles mention other beasts with six wings, eyes looking in every direction etc. i prefer to take them as allegorical beasts.I really wished it would've started from the other end of the book. We could look into this Satan character which just means Adversary and why is he/she allowed to present his/herself with the sons of God. Maybe because the Satan/Adversary is a son of God. One must wonder why there are two names missing in the line up of the Tribes of Yaakubah mentioned in the book of revelations. I can almost(that's ALMOST) guarantee that when ever you come to the line up of the tribes of Yaakubah why there are names missing and keep an eye on the order of the names in which they appear in any given line up. You may or may not be aware of this and I'm only pointing them out. Since we have already come to this Behemoth have a look at Job 40:15
15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
"I made with thee" maybe thats the enemy within. and "he eateth grass as an Ox" the word eateth is in the feminine. I'm just pointing things out. Remember Nebuchadrezer? Same thing happened to him. I don't know if that relates and it probably does. I can't say much else atm.

Yeah, Nebuchadrezer 7 years passing over eating grass like the ox, his back drenched with the dew of heaven until he learned that God is the God of all.... very Job like. One of Job's lines when he talked about 'wild people' in the wasteland who ate wild herbs and whom Job 'disdained to put with his sheepdogs'. like the fate of Nebuchadnezzar. the mystic William Blake did artwork panels of Job and his daughters. One of the last is of them all reconciled and happy, lounging around with the sheepdogs :)

the behemoth was stubborn. the turmoils raged against his mouth, like Job's friends and their chaos of philosophies raged against Job's words -- indeed they insult his mouth and call babbling words torrents etc in the discourse. Behemoth -- made along with Job. Stubborn and upright like Job... and yet his maker can touch him (like God can touch Job). Placid resolved and untroubled despite the trouble.

then of Leviathan it is spoken how he cannot ever be tamed or controlled or defined or harnessed -- like God's indominatable ways and will. of course the ancients knew of God through the stories of God... stories pressed into the mud of cuneiform tablets. I think also maybe a lot of the Leviathan imagery is similar to other Babylonian Baal war god imagery.

I don't doubt that the writer was inspired by some actual living animal.... but with not much travel and no photographs in those days... heck in the middle ages they assumed whales had ears, and the unicorn was invented from the description probably of a rhino.