View Single Post
Old 21-08-2017, 06:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
Hi Guys,

I have this past year entered into a powerful student-teacher relationship. It is extremely potent and I often feel completely naked and vulnerable before my teacher, who sees me with a cutting clarity and this is reflected back to me. The closeness and love is unlike anything I have experienced even with family. In fact, honestly, I have never experienced this level of intimacy and transparency in my life. Upon meeting we both recognized each other and he has told me we know each other from (at least) a past life.

He is a highly respected buddhist vajrayana teacher, the highest level teacher in his lineage of Buddhism. MANY of my concepts have been cut through by this relationship, it's unbelievable how much more free and open-minded I am.

I am entering retreat with him soon and am feeling, well, quite nervous!!! I have fallen completely in (unattached) love and feel INTENSE devotion.

I'm wondering if any of you are in vajrayana student-teacher relationships? And what your experience is?

Vajrayana is tantric Buddhism, in which there is much emphasis on the student-teacher relationship being intimate, sometimes even closer than family.

Does your teacher have the same relationship with all his students ?