View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 05:56 AM
Master
Rah Nam-

I kinda know what your talking about. It goes worse than what we hear on the news. There are some sick societies and cults that are high authorities. The Catholic cardinals and priests are just easier to spot and far more vulnerable but 500 years ago that wasn't the case.

And I am tired of this "celibacy leads to child abuse". Does anybody on this forum even know the definition of CELIBACY?!

Celibacy- abstaining from sex and sexual relations.

This doesn't include- masturbation, sexual thoughts, biological urges, and possibly having a girlfriend on the side.

There are plenty of normal priests who are sexually normal, they masturbate, they may even have secret girlfriends and so forth.

It just means they can't have a wife and family and have sex with someone else.

Predatory individuals are either mentally ill or violently sexual. They have a problem that developed from upbringing or what they experienced in life. It is a belief system that some individuals with unhinged minds share. That it is okay to "go there". The same goes for people who are into bestiality. There is something mentally, thoughtfully wrong and screwed up in their thinking.

Jesus was a celibate, Buddha was a celibate, Francis of Assisi was celibate, Theresa of Avila was a celibate, Pope Francis is a celibate. The Dalai Lama is a celibate.

Young people from 12 to even into their 20s or 30s can be celibate and not have girlfriends nor have sexual relations with someone else.

Does that mean every teenager who enjoys exploring their body on their own will develop into a pedophile because they don't have a girlfriend or a boyfriend to have sexual relations with?

I am sorry but ignorance really bothers me and I can't believe people don't know the difference between Celibacy and Abstinence.

Btw a person doesn't need to be a priest. They can be a deacon and perform certain rituals during mass and be married. A previously married priest from another denomination can become a Catholic priest and remain married. A man married who loses his wife and wishes to become a priest later in life can do so.

I don't agree that priests should be restricted from marriage but I am defending why this doesn't cause a hideous sexual preference.

And whoever said we need to get past "sexual feelings" to reach level 3 like the universe is a Mario Luigi video game, I can't imagine the Universe being that stern and crude. Jesus had sexual feelings. He was a man. But he was also divine because of how he lived and expressed himself and revealed the God within himself.

Why is sex always an obstacle in the spiritual and religious circles? We have a dark side, we have an animal side. Better to accept it and know how to handle it then ignore it or try to destroy it. When you do that it hides it, feeds it more, and pushes it away and it becomes a demon in that dark you placed it.