Thread: Unconsciousness
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow10
I used to think that as well. Nothing is always something. But maybe that's just in our existence. There's always an opposite so you can recognize something. Without dark how would you recognize light, without wet there would be no dry etc. So without nothing, or non-existence how would there be existence? Maybe non-existence or nothing is outside of the universe? But there's no way to imagine it because how can you imagine nothing?
I embrace that there are things in our human existence which do not exist beyond human existence; but I feel that "nothingness" does not necessarily mean "non-existence." As I stated, to me "nothing" pertains to things; like when we go into an empty room and say there is nothing in this room, but there is something in the room and that something is you.

Can an observer truly acknowledge nothingness when they themselves are something which is present and observing what they refer to as "nothing?" An in my opinion we are present even when we can not feel, or grasp, our own presence. We are present in consciousness even when we are unaware of our own presence. So my existence may be defined by me but my definitions are inadequate in a realm where identity does not exist.