View Single Post
Old 27-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
You say to set intention for it to be a scrying item. May I ask the how of one goes about setting intention? I practice a form of self taught witchcraft so I am not new exactly to the idea of setting one's intention, but my ways of doing this may be quite different than yours, can you share how you normally would set an intention for something? I do not mean to bug. I am merely wondering if my way is actually setting intention for something or if what I do is considered something else. With certain items I use I tend to visualize energy- often pure white, other times colored, entering into the item, with focus on what I intend to achieve. Would this properly set my intention, or is what I am doing something different than that?

Thank you for the tips for scrying, I've written this down as well to have on me close when I am ready to begin trying to scry for the setting up of the atmosphere and practice.

You said I could use a candle behind it for more lighting, would setting near to a Himalayan salt lamp achieve a similar effect to a candle do you think?

Again thank you both very much for your help and suggestions. I will be taken them into consideration, and have them written to refer to incase needed.

Blessings and well being to you both.

Yes, setting your desired outcome that you wish to achieve is setting your intention. For instance, if you have a rose quartz crystal, and you want to bring in new love into your life. You would set the intention of bringing in new love, into the crystal. How you place it into the crystal, such as using white light and filling it, with your intention, is up to you. The more personal you make it, the more strength you will put into it. In this world, as you know, it's all about your intention and energy to manifest what you wish you achieve in life.

If you are making this a divination tool, I would of course, keep that as the only intention you use this for. You wouldn't want to be mixing divination with other things. After all, divination is basically a portal to communication with the world of spirit. Taking that, and then going, well know, I want to use it differently, would mix up those energies that you used as a portal. And the portal may still exist.

A salt lamp may also work. One should experiment with lighting, and ambience, to help them achieve what they are looking for. Some people are able to use the lighting, and shadows from the lighting, to help them with their scrying and seeing. For others, they may find it distracting. Again, all experimentation to find what works best for you.