View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 01:30 AM
Lepus

Hello PlatitudePluto,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatitudePluto
That is so interesting. I've experienced some sleep-paralysis which I would consider odd experiences but nothing really frightening but I've heard stories. Netflix had a documentary on sleep-paralysis recently and it was crazy to hear some of the horrific things people experienced.

What I wonder is if sleep paralysis is to keep people from sleepwalking, then how come some people sleepwalk? I have done that in the past also. Is it just that they don't do it while dreaming. I'm pretty sure I've sleepwalked and dreamed at the same time.

This is so interesting!

When I was sleepwalking there was no sense of consciousness whatsoever and woke up in the living room the next day without realizing how I got from my bedroom to the living room. Sleepwalking most often occurs during deep non-REM sleep (stage 3 or stage 4 sleep) early in the night. Stages 3 and 4 are referred to as deep sleep or delta sleep, and it is very difficult to wake someone from them. In deep sleep, there is no eye movement or muscle activity. This is when some children experience bedwetting, sleepwalking or night terrors.

Blessed be,
Lepus