View Single Post
Old 21-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Master
Perry J-

Jesus was a common person (born by a woman), who attained the Christ Consciousness and showed others how to do the same. The Catholic Church, however, has twisted the teachings and put Jesus on a pedestal, it's considered blasphemy to follow his example, and there is nothing to find within, but we instead have to follow dogmas and priests. This is the greatest scandal of all time. And it has brainwashed us all so deeply.

-------------

I agree and disagree. Jesus was a human being, a soul created by God so are well all. We are all sons/daughters of God. But the pedestal that the Catholic Church is obsessed with needs more research then just plain- "The catholic church has made the greatest evils, blah blah" If anything the Catholic Church out of all the Christian denominations believe in inner-communion with a "formless" Christ as told by St. Theresa of Avila. They believe in "divine" grace which is similar to Buddhism, that others either dis incarnate (Saints) or incarnate or God Himself can bestow grace on an individual to help in their "salvation" or what others call "awakening". Roman Catholicism also believes that The Trinity is meant to indwell within the human person which is very similar to the new age belief of the Christ mind, body, and spirit dwelling within us to make us Christ.

And the Roman Catholic Belief is- "The Son of God became Man so that Man would become God".- St. Thomas Aquinas.

Now. I am not here to defend Catholicism. I have had my problems with it. But the core of their teachings are not in dire need of change. If anything Roman Catholicism needs to borrow is reincarnation and the idea of eternal Hell needs to be dumped away.

The reason why Christianity has a hold on Jesus as special. Is because unlike past prophets such as Moses, Buddha, and such he didn't have to become anything. He was already Christ when he came into his mother's womb. He already had the Christ consciousness. He was the first time since the "archetypal" Adam/Eve, that Christ was manifested as a human. Completely. Buddha lived most of his life looking for the Higher Self, Moses drifted into materialization until he became self-realized in the desert, and many other prophets follow the same pattern.

Jesus is the only one who knew the higher self all long. In Edgar Cayce's readings he says that Jesus was the first soul to be the Christ, the first to die and literally resurrect. He started "The Way". Does not mean others will not do the same, but Cayce explained the Akashic Records that Jesus was special because he was the first soul to be bestowed with the "Christ" title and completely one with God in the flesh.

That is why he is special. Not because he is the only son of God. We all are. But because he is the Elder Brother of the Human Race.