View Single Post
Old 25-04-2017, 02:41 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMagdaQueenofQueens
Ocean,

I agree this has alot to do with my problem. We haven't been focusing on the breathing as much as we should ( i say embarrassingly) I know the importance of it, its just so easy to forget to keep doing it and then get frustrated that your not getting the kind of reaction you want from it.

When Yoga is correctly understood, the effects can be likened to a total state of Euphoria. True, there's a lot to understand If your trying to understand it from the perspective of breathing, think of it as "Archery in Motion." The body represents the bow, the spine represents the bow string, and the target represents whatever direction your facing. Think of the target as Deadeye Center, the Source of Stillness, and what the concentric rings that surround the Bulls-eye symbolize.

When one is bending the bowstring back, the bowstring (spine) is in a state of tension, and the body "naturally" takes an Inhalation breath. Once the arrow is released from the bow, meaning that the state of tension on the bowstring is back to normal (straight), the body "naturally" takes an Exhalation breath.

That analogy works extremely well for about 90 percent of the Yoga Asana's. Some of the exceptions represent important Asana's where the breath needs to be kept still. Otherwise, when the spine is bent and in a state of tension, usually an Inhalation breath is called for, but never an exhalation breath. The spine has to be in more of a relaxed state to take that.

What happens if your arrow misses the target? That can be likened to an arrow which flies around in Circles, always missing it's Mark. In a poem, Rumi referred to that target as "the Bulls-eye of Bliss."

The word Yoga means Union. The word "Hatha," a reference to the Yoga Asana's, has two syllables, "Ha" and "Tha." Ha means Sun, and Tha means Moon. Ha is symbolized by an upward pointing triangle, and Tha is symbolized by a downward pointing triangle. That's the hint that the Asana's have something to do with that. The word Yoga also bears similarities to the English word Yoke, as in Yoking a Horse to a Chariot. The Body represents the chariot, and the Earth represents the Horse. In order to taste of the Bliss, you have to first find your Center ... Stillness in Motion.