View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi Pleroo,

This really is not rocket science. (Boy, that sounds rude, didn't mean it that way...)

When we smell trash while walking the dog ...we cross the street.
When we see murders on TV we switch the channel.
By doing this we see the immense power we have over our thoughts, and thus, how we feel.

If one thinks it is necessary to be close to the trash...well, hey...so be it..
it's their Path, I say.

Good question.

To be honest Miss H for many people it's not a choice. People who have grown up in horrific backgrounds, for example, or gone through traumatic experiences, they have to work through painful stuff in order to heal it. It's not simply a question of 'I don't like feeling this way, I'll think about flowers instead and feel happy' It really isn't. I know from my own experience it can take a long time and a lot of emotional repair work to be able to shift into a new way of being. The stuff people go through often IS the work - repressed emotions won't just vanish without being felt- and they need not feel they are doing something wrong if they can't just wake up one day and choose another way. I'm glad that works for some, but it just depends on what someone has gone through and the depth of the pain that needs healing.