View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I also believe we have more than one soul connection, each connection being different and at varying levels of intensity.
Exactly, because we all knew many people in our many previous lives.

Quote:
Personally I have met 3 or 4 soulmates, but just because you find them doesn't mean it will work out, it never has for me YET.
In the past, I used to think I had found several, but only two have withstood the test of time. By that, I mean in hindsight, only two of all of those women still impress me as being my soulmates.

Quote:
What I can't understand is the intensity of connections with people with which I had in reality little contact in the big picture of things. Take soulmate #2, it only lasts a few months than he ran and I left the situation and we never saw each other again, but I still think about him, why?
Maybe because it ended before it was supposed to?

Quote:
I have had 2 long term relationships and those people don't break my heart anymore like the others.
Maybe because they were able to run their course? That's also just a guess, but it's something I've always thought about in the past.

Quote:
To op, yes you are correct, life flies by and before you know it you are "old" and wondering where the time went, but for me, I don't want to settle with just anyone after having that connection, I want the connection or it's just a waist of time.
Exactly!

Quote:
I can't explain it to other people and all of my friends were like "just find someone else" but nobody understands that it's not the same.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Quote:
I'm not saying I won't go out with other people or hang out, I would but as far as putting in the effort to have a relationship, I'm not going to unless there is a connection.
I agree.

Quote:
So why did I have to meet him and have my heart broken again? Just to grow spiritually?
Those are the very same questions I asked myself in my last big relationship (soulmate? doubtful; close acquaintance from a previous life? quite likely). I knew the misery I was setting myself up to experience again, but I couldn't stand the loneliness anymore, so I reciprocated when she approached me. She was a very classy, sophisticated, charming, well spoken person (I didn't remember how hypnotically beautiful her speaking voice was until I watched an old home video again a couple of years ago), but she had been severely psychologically damaged by her father, her brother-in-law and one violent ex-husband and a Lothario for a second ex-husband. She was like Dr. Jeckyll and Ms. Hyde, and there was no telling when Ms. Hyde was going to appear. The last time Ms. Hyde appeared, I ended it.

Quote:
I suppose because I have had some major lessons come to me through what happened with him, hopefully it is all for a greater purpose I am still in the middle of it so I can't judge I suppose.
I would really like to have a word or two with "upper management" about these unpleasant "greater purposes" they think so many of us need to experience. I'm tired of always being one of the guinea pigs who is always being sent down the dead-end paths in the maze. ;) Maybe my "immediate superior" is just bored and is annoying me just to hear me squawk.

Quote:
I have also had some weird experience with a random guy that I met while on a cruise
A cruise?! I feel lucky when I get to ride on an elevator.

Quote:
he was in a band and while I watched his band on youtube and loved their music I didn't think anything special about him. He is not typical good looking so I wasn't thinking that I had a crush on him I just liked the music and wanted to see them play. When I saw them for the first time on the cruise, I walked up to the stage and when my eyes saw him for the first time in person I just fell in love at first sight.
That is very intriguing. It's too bad it isn't clear cut for both of you.

Quote:
It would be much more convenient for these things to happen with people whom you have an actual possibility to be with.
That is the understatement of the year!

Quote:
I'm a highly sensitive person, maybe I'm an empath?
My reply is yet another example of "free association of thought": One of the most outstanding and beautiful acting performances I have ever seen is that of Kathryn Hays in the 1968 Star Trek episode, "The Empath." The overall production of that episode is juvenile, but her performance as a person from a race of empaths is so heartfelt and beautiful and ethereal and supernatural that I was head over heels in love when I saw it for the first time in the late 1970s. I've been fascinated with the idea of empaths ever since. If you've never seen it, it's worth watching, but only for her performance. If you Google "Kathryn Hays" and "empath," you will see that others agree with me. Maybe you've seen it.