View Single Post
Old 27-08-2012, 04:04 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
See to me, I love what you wrote here but then you do like everyone else and take it backwards IMO by defining what you are. It just doesn't sit right with me. Why not stop at saying 'Still the mind'?
Why define and limit the "i" that chooses to still the chattering by saying it is evolving and that it is a unique expression of the whole expereincing its own existence and so on?
I'm sure you have an answer and that would be part of what doesn't sit right with me.
I'm not attacking here, I am just watching and listening and it sounds like the same trap only different words that I hear so often here.

James
Hi James: I am reporting what i experience, and.. i don't claim it is 'true', only that the report is consistent with my current understanding.. i am reporting some of the qualities of my experiences that are so sufficiently consistent with fundamental spiritual 'and' scientific principles, that i am hopeful of opening a simpler more inclusive discourse..

I do not intend to 'define or limit' the "i", i am describing my experience of it.. the statement, "i am 'that' ", is followed by my descriptions of qualities i have experienced as 'that', but.. it is my experience that 'that' is still creating and evolving, which is why i 'pay attention' without assuming my understandings won't change, and.. i do report my experiences and understandings, hopeful that open-minded discourse can further refine understanding for someone, including 'me'..

I understand some of the consequences from paying attention to, and believing, the chattering of the mind.. i also understand the 'mind' as a sort of sixth sense, a medium common with the 'parts' and with the Whole.. the mind is not confined/defined by any individual perspective.. and, the consequences to paying attention to and believing the mind's chatter, is that it distorts the awareness of what is actually happening..

The same mind that can conclude i am 'defining what i am' or that i am 'trapped', rather than ask.. is the same mind that can construct preconceptions about answers it is 'sure' that i have, a mind that will not 'sit well' without ever hearing an answer/reply.. which is the same mind that can become still and clear, that can wait to determine if a reply adds clarity or distortion..

I'm not defending myself from your observations, i am presenting my perspective.. hopeful that you will let go of the preconceived condition that "doesn't sit right"..

Be well..