View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 04:08 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

Many religious traditions rely upon the words of various people that fasted for prolonged periods (starvation), 'locked themselves up' (deprivation) and lived on poor diets (malnourishment). These traditions may even today have sects or guru's continuing to preach the same lifestyles. Starvation, deprivation and malnourishment are known causes of hallucinations. If only you actually read my posts..

You mean when one agrees to the assumptions and hypotheses you like to postulate?

For eg, many traditions rely on starvation and malnutrition - how many is that, Altair? Have you witnessed this? Do you understand where, when, how? What percentage? In what context? A search, copy and paste of certain books or the internet means nothing. Cognitive bias seems to be the premise here, and in a lab that has no real life penetration once again. And was your quote above from a renowned source or some random blog used to support cognitive bias?

But I’ve already agreed with you (see above) so hopefully that puts this to rest. I’ve never starved myself, with great fortune, so I’ll have to rely on your brain’s judgement here.

Peace

Jl