Thread: Hmmm whats a...
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 04:50 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
A Christian is someone who has received salvation and had his sins forgiven because he believed the gospel. In 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Paul tells us what the gospel is. "Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures."

The Bible contains a lot of other information giving the background for what Christ did and telling us how we should live after we become Christians but this is the essential message of how to become a Christian. It is possible to study the Bible and acquire a lot of information about it without taking this step, but anyone who does this misses the main point of the Bible and his knowledge and studying are all in vain.
Yeah that vanity is everywhere like a flood. So vain are those people that when questioned about their Christian ways they'll say something like "we don't live by that old and outdated covenant for we live by the grand spanking shiny brand new covenant that our Jesus made with Faith' and later you'll see them on another thread talking about the greatest commandments of the old and outdated covenant. Have you seen these people at all? They're spiritual slimy slithering snakes claiming to follow Yeshua when in fact they are following their replacement Jesus. Awwwwww. Since you like to forget or is it ignore, which bible are you referring to, not all bibles are created by man equally. So which is your man made bestest version?